Friday 10 March 2017

Task 5a Codes of practise in my work place

Ive been doing some research into the nandos culture of my restaurant and i have been comparing it to a teaching environment. I have discovered that considering they are so different their are actually a lot of similarities. I made a list and compared both job titles. A lot of skills i have learnt at my current job have really excelled me into the teaching world. I believe that the guidelines i have discovered since working at nandos do  apply to teaching also.



respectful: nandos we have to respect all staff,managers and especially customers. Teaching you want respect from all other members of staff and students.

family environment: Nandos is known for living to its family name of all staff being close and getting on. Teaching may not be completely the same but spending everyday with the same teachers can make you long life friends.

valued: Nandos live by family values and making sure everyone is pulling the same weight within working hours. Teachers like to feel valued by all colleagues.

team work: As i previously said nandos have a massive push towards us all getting along and working together, when we have really difficult shifts we all seem to pull together when it really counts. Teachers must work together to meet deadlines and all have the same ambition to get the best out of each student.

attendance: Obviously attendance is a crucial part of being respected by other employees and managers, same for teaching.

organisation: I have a lot of things to plan for my meetings at work and scheduling training plans can be time consuming but require a lot of organisation. As a teacher you have to do lesson plans ahead of time which require a lot of organisation.

Leadership skills: I have gained alot of leadership skills whilst working at nandos as i run shifts so a lot is depending on me to make sure the customers are receiving the best possible service. As a teacher you have to have enough leadership skills to confidently run a class and control it on your own.

Confidence: I have gained a lot of confidence since having a promotion at work. Teaching requires a lot of confidence also, this is something i am continuing to work on as I'm not fully at my peak of confidence whilst conducting a class.

please comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment