Wednesday 15 March 2017

Skype session 14/3

Alice Chris and I had a Skype session yesterday lunchtime about reader 5 ethics and how to start to plan our proposal plan of action. We each spoke about our current ideas for our enquiry and gave each other pointers about where to take it next. We spoke about how the enquiry questions are for you and your own research and findings and how they differ from the interview questions. Chris made a great point about how in the past if we conduct our own interview we can sometimes word the questions in our favour so we get the answers that we want to hear to back up our research. I haven't started my interview questions yet as i will be having a tutorial with Paula to discuss mine further. As I'm not currently working in a school as of yet but when i start my enquiry i could be so this might mean i have to look at the freelance route of questions as i may be in more than one school during this study period. We also discussed going deeper with our data and information and speaking to the right people who have the knowledge you need. Ethics was a big part of this session as we spoke about how important it is to follow the universities guidelines whilst interviewing or talking to people, for instance if you are going to be interviewing staff do it in your own time so its not affecting anyone else who is working and asking suitable questions that aren't going to make anyone feel uncomfortable. My enquiry is going to be around child development in dance as i have taught a lot of baby ballet and tap classes but i have to be careful how i go about the ethical side. It was good to get those few loose wires sorted that i had in my mind and i now feel confident and ready to start my proposal which is due in on my birthday (NOOOOOOOO) but that just means i will have to be extra organised and make sure that i submit my work in advance! I have taken a lot away from yesterdays session and i am going to take a look at reader 6 today.

1 comment: