Tuesday 21 March 2017

1:1 with Paula

Ive just finished my tutorial with Paula and it was  really good to go over some loose ends.
I have developed my idea a lot since the start of this module, after reading some literature i have taken my original ideas abit deeper and i have expanded my thoughts. My original idea was child development in dance mainly looking at children ages 2-5 in baby ballet and tap classes but after doing some research i have decided to look at social and physical development. My new questions are:
How does dance develop children in education?
How does social and physical development connect?
how is social development viewed in the current curriculum?

Im now going to look into whether i should do primary and secondary and get 2 views from each or just stick with the one. Im going to do my ethics forms from a freelance prospective as i might not always be in a school for a long period of time. After talking to Paula about how i have maybe side tracked and am i taking on to much she said that the learner decides whats important to them which is what i am going to stick by. I am really getting into the topic of social development and i think that shows through all of my other ideas. Now back to my literature for the rest of the morning with a big cup of coffee!



Please feel free to comment!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Amelia - yes very good discussion - enjoyed talking through your interests.
    How does dance develop children in education? what ages/curriculum?
    How does social and physical development connect? in dance? what ages/curriculum?
    how is social development viewed in the current curriculum? which one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does dance socially develop children?

    its going to be mainly secondary, as we discussed before its going to be spreading myself to much if i try to cover primary and secondary and i feel i won't get as strong results if i take on looking at both. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete