Tuesday 7 February 2017

Coffee Shop Chat

So i have just finished a Skype session with a mix of module 2 and module 3 students. I enjoyed listening to what everyone in module 3 is up to and how they are planning to approach their final tasks. It comforting to hear that we are all in the same position at one point or another!
I think the biggest advice i have took away from this sessions is LITERATURE!! like so many people said my first go to is google and searching the web, it makes me think well if googled doesn't know the answer then I'm stuck, but really there are so many other resources at such an easy grasp which i need to take more advantage of. Im going to look on the middlesex uni library more often and maybe order some books. I am also going to try to get into a library more it seems silly that i have such easy access to all these sources but never think of looking any further than the internet. I also learnt that i need to stop searching for things that will have the same opinion as me, it is all part of the learning experience to not always write about something just because said person agrees with you. scheduling is another big thing for me, it was great to hear how module 3 students plan their time and how they fit the work in around such a busy life style. I took a lot away from this Skype session even if i wasn't as vocal it felt nice to just sit and really take in what everyone else said and what advice they had to give us before we enter the world of module 2!!
If anyone from the session has any comments please do and please follow me! would love to follow you all back to see your journey into module 3 good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks Amelia - yes literature represent the ideas and research of others in your filed -(arts/performance) and also related fields (transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary) - we are not alone - knowledge accumulates - good summary of the discussion with the skills of a rapporteur

    ReplyDelete