Wednesday 16 November 2016

task 2d- Inquiry

Task 2d is all about how the ideas of reflection relate to me i will use extracts from my own personal journal and extracts from this blog.

What in your daily practise gets you really enthusiastic to find out more about?who do you admire who also works with what makes you enthusiastic?
So currently i work at nandos full time, its not what i would like to do with the rest of my life but for at the time being whilst i finish my studying it is where i need to be. As i work full time i do class it as my second home, I'm pretty sure i actually spend more time there than i do at home! I would say that I'm rather invested into the business as i am a 'buddy trainer' which is non nandos language that is a someone who trains people to get to the best standard they can be, my job entails training new members of staff,going to weekly meetings with managers, taking leadership on shifts and making sure job standards are completed. I would say at the moment that getting trainees through their 12 week training is what keeps me enthusiastic not only that, I'm so intrigued to find out more as every trainee i have is completely different. This is great for my own personal development skills as every person i come into contact with has a different approach and a different learning style. For my own development i would like to find out more about what it would take to develop my training skills and how far i could potentially push myself with my leadership skills. I admire my collegue B (for personal and safety reasons i have changed her real name to B). She trained me when i first started and i wouldn't be where i am today without her. She is great at her job and influences me on a daily basis. She makes me enthusiastic as she says she sees a lot of herself in me and always pushes me to be the best i can be. (parts are taken from my journal)

What gets you angry or makes you sad? who do you admire who shares your feelings or has found away to work around the sadness or anger?
The past few weeks i have been pretty sad and frustrated with the management team at work. My reasons for this are we have been taking on a lot of new staff members in preparation for christmas. I understand that we have to recruit for the busiest time of year but the people we are employing are not up to scratch. Everyone has a trail shift before being offered a job but after their trail shift i will get asked for my opinion by the management team, even if i say i don't think this person is quite right they will still employ them. This frustrates me as i think why ask for my opinion if you are going to hire them anyway? It is making my job role very difficult as all the new trainees don't have very good availability and can only work a few hours a week at certain times. From my job role point of view this is annoying as it makes it pretty much impossible to fully train someone in the limited time i am given to get this person through their training. Another colleague of mine S (for the same purposes as before i will use a letter instead of their name). S suffers with anxiety and i admire her massively as i know she is in the same position as me, i know she also is struggling like i am too. I know i am stressed but i can't help but think that she is struggling a lot more than i am. Dealing with a mental illness is not something to be taken lightly and i know from in-depth conversation with S that she has done amazingly well to work around her anger and sadness she has learnt to talk about it,rant when she needs to and seek medical help. When it gets really difficult we always chat to each other and just let it all out! this has helped me and S tremendously.     (parts are taken from my journal)

What do you feel you don't understand? Who do you admire who does seem to understand it or who has found a way of making not understanding it interesting or beautiful, or has asked the same questions as you?
My answer to this is completely off topic from my first two answers! Lucy Watson who is mainly known off E4's Made in Chelsea branched off from the tv show a year or so ago has asked the same questions as me. She is a dedicated animal lover and vegan. I feel that i don't understand why people turn off their emotions whilst eating meat and forget that it was something once living. Lucy has found a way of making people who don't understand interesting AND beautiful, in my opinion anyway. She has cleverly used her fame to get the message out their about how much animals do suffer in the meat industry and also for makeup purposes. She has recently brought out her own cruelty free and vegan lipsticks. She is showing the world the truth of what happens behind closed door and how wrong it is to test makeup on animals. She has also proven that you can achieve the same makeup goals without spending a fortune and without using products which have been used for animal testing. I am currently trying to get my hands on one of the lipsticks but they are sold out! :(
To me this is amazing as she doesn't understand the same things as i and she also asks the same questions as i do. Also being the face of PETA has made a massive influence to vegans and non vegans.

http://www.healthista.com/lucy-watsons-new-lipstick-range-basic-bitch-gets-the-healthista-treatment/



How do you decide the appropriate ethical response in a given situation? To what extent are disciplinary responses different to that you might expect more generally in society? What level of physical contact would you deem appropriate and not from another professional that you would find unacceptable more generally?why?

This question took me a while to think of answer. This is such a big topic in society currently. What are the boundaries and what is considered to much or not enough? My ethical response depends on the situation if i am at work i would expect an common sense response from customers. With my fellow workers i think its slightly different as we are all so close and great friends the boundaries are different. I would probably find it uncomfortable if a customer who i didnt know got close in my personal space as i don't really think their would be any need for it. I would always decide what i think is appropriate in that moment so if i felt it was okay to physically stand a certain way i would, I think its easy to tell from the other persons body language and what the conversation is about. But generally in society we go past hundreds of people a day and do not say a word we try and sit away from everyone else on public transport. We like to just keep ourselves to ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment