Wednesday 30 November 2016

3d Critical questions and issues that emerge

Do some very specific ideas emerge about your networking and sources? Does your engagement to date seem appropriate?limited? Focused? Planned? Unplanned?

I feel my engage in the last 2 tasks has been my upmost. Although task 3 i have struggled with the most but after reading everyone else's blogs it seems everyone has struggled with task 3 more than the others. My sources has changed tremendously as I don't just turn to the internet like i would do before i go to visual aids such as youtube for a more creative answer or i look in books. I find that this has helped develop my skills as a learner. I feel at the moment i am the most planned and organised i have ever been regarding my work, and my attitude towards my work has improved too.

Are your ideas, positions or concerns shared by others within and/or beyond your professional area of work?

I know a lot of people on the course were apprehensive going towards to final essay, we discussed this in our group session last week. I feel we are now all on the same page and in the same position with the work. I am quite close to Alice and we talk a lot via text or Facebook about where we are at with the work and we do help each other out a lot.  I feel we all do share similar ideas when it comes to social media and our communities of practice.

Does sharing ideas and communicating with others shift your thinking,planning or practice?

I think yes 100% if i am struggling with a task or what to see someone else's approach to that task i will look on other peoples blogs to get a feel for it. This helps me as normally when i see what someone else has done the penny drops and i think oh yeah thats right! Then i just go from there it normally gives me the kickstart i need into the right direction. Also when we have group sessions its nice and comforting to see other people asking questions that i want to know the answers too. It also drives me more when we gave group chats and we all bounce off each other and give examples of situations and that makes me think 'yeah i never thought about it like that' its true as the saying goes two heads are better than one!

Does critical reflection help you decide what really matters and the actions to take?

Yes it does for me. I have mentioned in previous blogs that critical reflection has helped me so much in my meetings at work. I feel I have a new voice and so many new passionate ideas that i didn't necessarily take to the table before. I am more analytical about myself and my peers at work and i feel confident to give constructive feedback and have evidence to back up my thoughts and ideas. I use Rolfe's theory the most the 3 questions really help me if i am struggling to know what to do in a situation. I feel that if i just take a second and really think about it the most sensible outcome will come to light. If however it doesn't always go to plan i reflect when I'm having some 'me' time and think in my head how the situation could of ended differently and what i would do next time.

To what extent do concepts and theories assist you in thinking about your professional networking in different ways? And do these different ways of thinking have some purpose for you?

All the research i have done have purpose for me in different ways as in the pervious question i mentioned Rolfe's theory as that has been the one that has stuck with me the most during this study period but i have used others in given circumstances which have proposed me at the time. I think it depends on the situation for me personally. Before learning about different practitioners i would not of used any form of concept in my daily life as i didn't even know reflective thinking existed! But now it plays a strong part in my personal time and when something doesn't go right i will turn to these ways of thinking instead of procrastinating.

Are you left thinking differently prior to this part of the module? If so, how?

Yes i am, I feel that it has changed me massively as a person. Not only do i think deeper i am more of a constructive person. I rarely think negatively anymore and i try to see both sides of a situation especially in my work environment. I am uploading blogs regularly which i never knew how to do before and i have been uploading videos to youtube which i would never of dreamed about before as i used to hate speaking in-front of a camera. I am a lot more confident and i feel like this course has made me that way. I am confident in what i do and say and i do not doubt myself anymore.








1 comment:

  1. I do exactly the same process when I am stuck on a task or am finding it difficult. Do you ever worry though that reading another blog will lead you a certain way in thought before attempting the task yourself?

    ReplyDelete