Thursday 27 April 2017

Task 6B

I know I have left it a while to post my thoughts of reader 6 but I've finally got round to it!
I really enjoyed reading reader 6 as i found it really insightful into the different tools and methods i could use for my inquiry. I think its important to not choose to many tools of research as it will be to time consuming. I have decided to use the following tools in my inquiry, I will discuss the merits and limits of these below:

Interview Merits

  • Probe responses and investigate motives and feelings (Bell,2005,p.157)
  • Being able to ask 'why' questions
  • Interviewing the people with the right knowledge 
  • Good source to collect data
  • Use recognised data collection techniques
  • qualitative method
  • Allows me to have a more in-depth understanding 
  • Allows me to gather appropriate research


Interview Limits

  • Would be difficult to transcript the answers given
  • Finding the time appropriate for me and the interviewee 
  • Finding the space/area to conduct the interview
  • Not gathering all the information i need in one sitting 
  • My questions not being correct
Survey Merits
  • An easy way to gain a lot of opinions
  • Quick if the survey is online such as survey monkey
  • A lot of online tools to record the research after surveys are completed
Survey Limits
  • Not gaining enough response to record the answers
  • The questions I ask could be to vague if they are hitting the general public
  • Posting the survey on Facebook could not generate enough interest in my chosen topic
Questionnaire Merits
  • Generally get a good response
  • Could hand them out at work 
  • data could be kept anonymous if the person wished to do so
  • easy to record the data
Questionnaire Limits
  • Can not garuntee everyone will participate
  • answers could be limited to yes or no
Observation Merits
  • Being able to record the session to look back on 
  • a lot of data to analyse
Observation Limits
  • As my inquiry is child related i don't think observing and recording a class would be permitted



Overall I will trial interview and survey with my SIG group.


No comments:

Post a Comment